Throw in a cup of almonds to any chocolate chip cookie recipe (or whatever nuts you prefer) and it's instantly heaven in your mouth. I've had two so far and I can tell you this is not going to be one of my normal days where I can have one cookie after dinner and be satisfied. I'll be surprised to see any less than 5 cookies enter this mouth of mine before the nights over! I guess tomorrow morning will consist of kicking my own butt with a workout it looks like because I cant stay away from these... ;)
Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies:
-2 sticks butter; room temp
-3/4 c. white sugar
-3/4 c. packed light brown sugar
-2 large eggs
-1-1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
-2-1/4 c. flour
-1 tsp. baking soda
-1/2 tsp. salt
-1-1/2 c. chocolate chips (semi-sweet or dark)
-1 c. chopped nuts of your choice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or tin foil.
- Cream the butter in a bowl.
- Add white sugar and brown sugar and mix until fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time mixing well in between each addition.
- Add vanilla to the mixture.
- In a seperate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, & salt
- Add the dry ingredients gradually to the wet ingredients, mixing well in between each addition.
- Add the chocolate chips and chopped nuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto lined baking sheets and bake 12-14 mins. (mine came out perfectly soft with a little crunch around the edges at 12 mins total)
Perfection *sigh* just the right antidote for what ails ya :)
- Combine crab/shrimp, 1/3 c. of breadcrumbs, the egg, onions, red pepper, mayo, garlic powder, lemon juice,, & cayenne pepper in a bowl.
- Divide into 8 even balls.
- Roll in the remaining 2/3 c. of breadcrumbs.
- Flatten to 1/2" thickness.
- Cook in the butter, 3-4 minutes per side; drain on paper towel and serve with fresh squeezed lemon juice over the top; serve hot.